The experience of implementing Danish waste pictograms in the Nordic countries will be shared at the webinar “Tips & Tricks for the Baltics!” on 23 February, 11:00 – 12:30 on the Zoom platform. The aim of the webinar is to highlight the recent Nordic experiences with waste pictograms, to share the lessons learned and to highlight the different aspects of waste pictogram implementation.
Various stakeholders, municipalities, institutions dealing with waste management in any of the Baltic country are welcome to participate and widen their Nordic-Baltic cooperation network.
Attendance is free of charge but registration in advance is required. After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information on how to join the webinar.
The webinar will be moderated by Maija Kāle, Adviser for Digitalization and Sustainability at the Nordic Council of Ministers' Office in Latvia. The webinar will be held in English.
11:00-11:20 Introduction: Why are Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania interested in the pictogram system? How far have we come in the Baltics?
- Ms Rudīte Vesere, Director of the Environmental Protection Department, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development, Latvia
- Ms Made Saadve, Advisor, Environmental Management Department, Ministry of the Environment, Estonia
- Ms Ieva Stulgyte, Chief Advisor, Waste Policy Group, Ministry of Environment, Lithuania
11:20-11:35 Danish pictogram system: Short history & developments by Niels Toftegaard, Communication Consultant, Danish Waste Association
11:25-11:50 The Nordic pictogram system: Short description on the joint work and the project. The Swedish approach by Anna-Carin Gripwall, Head of Communications, Avfall Sverige
11:50-12:05 Pictogram system: Finnish experiences by Kaisa Halme, Head of Communications at KIVO, Finland
12:05-12:15 Baltic project lead partners: Outline of project activities in the respective country
- Ms Kristiina Kerge, NGO Things Foundation (EE)
- Mr Danielius Mironas, NGO “Mes darom” (LT)
- Ms Maija Kāle, Nordic Council of Ministers’ Office in Latvia (LV)
- Adaption of the Danish pictogram system in Baltic countries
- Danish pictogram system: Short history & developments Mr Niels Toftegaard, Communication Consultant, Danish Waste Association
- The Nordic pictogram system: Short description on the joint work and the project. The Swedish approach Ms Anna-Carin Gripwall, Head of Communications, Avfall Sverige
- Pictogram system: Finnish experiences Ms Kaisa Halme, Head of Communications at KIVO, Finland