NCM LV is now looking for a project adviser, who is interested in working together with our office team, as well as Nordic institutions and organisations in a wider sense, to promote and strengthen Nordic-Baltic cooperation in support of the Nordic Vision 2030 - the Nordic Region – towards being the most sustainable and integrated region in the world. Nordic cooperation: www.norden.org
The adviser would work mostly with the two first pillars of the vision – a green and competitive Nordic region – and would work in close contact with our current adviser for sustainability and digitalisation. Possible areas of work could potentially include innovation, digital integration, green economy, energy and research, but the final areas of responsibility would be subject to discussion with potential candidates. The position would most likely not be full-time to start with, which could mean a workload of 50-80 % depending on the agreement with the employee. The position will initially be on a project basis for two years.
Main responsibilities and tasks:- Monitoring and analysing relevant topical fields and development;
- Developing contacts and networks with relevant institutions and organisations in
Latvia and the Nordics;
- Initiating and operating projects, including project administration and reporting;
- Arranging conferences, events and similar outreach activities;
- Presenting information about our work in writing, publicly and in social media.
Skills and requirements:
- Higher education in a relevant discipline;
- Fluency in Latvian and English. Knowledge of a Nordic language is highly welcome, but not required;
- Work experience and established networks in relevant sectors, e.g., state or local
administration, academia, media or civil society;
- Experience from project development and management;
- Good skills in oral and written communication, including computer skills. Experience
in social media communication is welcome;
- Social adaptability and ability to work in teams.
What we can offer:
- Stimulating work in an international environment;
- Competitive salary: approximately 2000 EUR gross (if full-time work);
- Health insurance;
- Additional work engagements outside the NCM LV will be accepted upon prior agreement, on the condition that they do not interfere with the tasks at NCM LV.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter in English – including what you think you could bring to support our Office´s work to strengthen Nordic-Baltic cooperation - by email to: email@example.com by 25 February 2022.
Contact information to 2-3 reference persons that could be contacted by us should also be included.
In case of any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org